In todays show David shares some good old Aussie humor, some little know FUN facts and of course explores six questions that could very well change the direction of your life.
Enjoy the Show!
6 Powerful Questions that will Change Your Life
Adam Hills – Australian Accents
- Money notes are not made from paper, they are made mostly from a special blend of cotton and linen. In 1932, when a shortage of cash occurred in Tenino, Washington, USA, notes were made out of wood for a brief period.
- The Grammy Awards were introduced to counter the threat of rock music. In the late 1950s, a group of record executives were alarmed by the explosive success of rock ‘n roll, considering it a threat to “quality” music.
- Tea is said to have been discovered in 2737 BC by a Chinese emperor when some tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water. The tea bag was introduced in 1908 by Thomas Sullivan of New York.
- Over the last 150 years the average height of people in industrialised nations has increased 10 cm (about 4 inches). In the 19th century, American men were the tallest in the world, averaging 1,71m (5’6″). Today, the average height for American men is 1,75m (5’7″), compared to 1,77 (5’8″) for Swedes, and 1,78 (5’8.5″) for the Dutch. The tallest nation in the world is the Watusis of Burundi.
- In 1955 the richest woman in the world was Mrs Hetty Green Wilks, who left an estate of $95 million in a will that was found in a tin box with four pieces of soap. Queen Elizabeth of Britain and Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands count under the 10 wealthiest women in the world.
Too Little Too Late – Bare Naked Ladies
If I had $1,000,000 – Bare Naked Ladies