Inspired by a conversation he had a few days ago David delves deeper into the science of happiness and shows through science that happiness in the end is a choice regardless of what happens to us.
What you will learn in todays show:
- The difference in happiness between a paraplegic and a lottery winner
- What science has to say about happiness and our ability to create it
- David’s philosophy on responding well versus reacting poorly in challenging or catastrophic situations
- A story about being trapped in an Elevator
- A Story about David’s car accident that made him fall out of the car laughing
- The possibility of an elegant separation
- A call to action for you to create more happiness in your life
- A great story of triumph over adversity that was shared in Marci Schimoff’s show #3
Marci Schimoff Happy For No Reason Show #3
Dan Gilberts TED Talk and his surprising findings
Dan’s Book – Stumbling on Happiness
Happiness is an attitude; we either make ourselves miserable or happy and strong. The amount of work is exactly the same
With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened to you as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.
–Dr. Wayne W Dyer