Confused by this whole “podcast” idea?
Yes, we know that not everyone is a tech nerd. But we think podcasts are so cool because they have phenomenal content, and it’s like a radio show you can take in your pocket. So, this video will show the tech averse how to navigate through the maze of listening to, subscribing to, and reviewing (and rating) our podcast. Ultimately, the more people that learn how to do it, the bigger and better guests we can have! So, we made this video to help you through the process. If you don’t understand, or haven’t been able to figure it out, PLEASE leave a comment below and we’ll get you sorted.
One thing that is a HUGE help for us is when people leave us star ratings and reviews on iTunes. To leave a rating and a review, follow these steps:
If you already have iTunes, skip to step 3.
- Download iTunes at http://www.apple.com/itunes/ (if you have a Mac, you probably already have it)
- Open iTunes and either log in, or get a username and password (Apple ID) by following the instructions.
- Visit our “iTunes preview page” at this link.
- On the left side, click on “View in iTunes”.
- On the iTunes “The Kickass Life with David Wood” podcast page, click “Subscribe for Free” on the left. You may also leave a rating and/or a review.
- In iTunes, once the file is downloaded, check the “Podcasts” section in the upper-left corner. You should see the latest episode, automatically downloaded when you hit “subscribe”.
- If you’d like to download previous episodes, they should be “greyed out” with a GET button. If you don’t see that, leave a comment on this page, and we’ll help you.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, select it in iTunes (on the left), and click the “podcasts” tab across the top. Make sure “The Kickass Life with David Wood” is selected to sync with your phone, and hit “Apply” in the lower-right corner.
- Listen, learn, grow. You can find the podcast in the Music App on your iPhone. Sometimes you have to click the “more” button to see the podcasts.
(click to zoom)